Dr. Ali Hellani Lab Director, Founder
Dr. Ali Hellani, PhD, is a world-renowned Reproductive Geneticist with over 15 years of experience. In 2001, Dr. Hellani established the first Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis laboratory in the Gulf Region at King Faisal Specialist Hospital in Saudi Arabia with a grant from HRH Prince Al Waleed Bin Talal Al Saud. Dr. Hellani went on to establish the state of the art Genetic Diagnosis Lab of Saad Specialist Hospital-Al Khobar. In 2012, Dr. Hellani established the first Genetics Laboratory in the United Arab Emirates in partnership with Fakih IVF. Dr. Hellani has written over 50 publications and is a reference clinician for the screening of genetic diseases throughout the Middle East.
Dr. Hellani is a Key Opinion Leader (KOL) for Agilent Technologies and illumina Technologies.
- 2002: Dr. Hellani is the first worldwide to report PGD on Single Gene Disorders with direct HLA Matching.
- 2004: Dr. Hellani is the first to use Multiple Displacement Application (MDA) in PGD.
- 2008: Dr. Hellani is amongst the first to document the clinical application of Microarray on embryos.
- 2008: Dr. Hellani is the first scientist worldwide to report multiple diseases on a single cell
- 2008: Dr. Hellani is the first to diagnose the whole set of chromosomes on a single cell
- 2014: Dr. Hellani's new microarray protocol is adopted by Agilent Technologies and reduces reporting time to 6 hours.
Dr. Hellani holds a PhD in Molecular Genetics from Claude Bernard University, France.